The kelly green color awareness ribbon means support for adrenal cancer awareness. It is considered a rare cancer.
Per the National Institutes of Health website on adrenal cancer:
Adrenal cancer is a rare form of cancer that occurs due to abnormal and uncontrolled cell growth in the adrenal glands (small glands that sit above each kidney). There are three different types of adrenal cancer which vary by location and the age at which they are often diagnosed:
- Adrenocortical carcinoma – The most common type of adrenal cancer which develops in the adrenal cortex (the outer part of the adrenal gland)
- Neuroblastoma – A childhood cancer that begins in the adrenal medulla (the inner part of the adrenal gland)
- Pheochromocytoma – A neuroendocrine tumor that begins in the adrenal medulla
Adrenocortical carcinoma is also called adrenal cortical cancer (ACC). The human body has two adrenal glands. They are located on top of the kidneys. The gland make hormones which help regulate blood pressure, manage the body’s stress response and more.
Learn more about adrenal cancer awareness on these sites:
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) Genetic and Rare Diseases (GARD) Information Center:
- American Cancer Society
- Clinical Research Studies for Adrenal Cancer
- Endocrine Society – Adrenal Heath and Disease
- Adrenal Cancer Research C.U.R.E Non-Profit:
Do you want to promote adrenal cancer awareness using this ribbon art? If so, please visit non-profit, DonnaBellasAngels.org to learn more.
Shop and buy green adrenal cancer awareness ribbon gifts online at:
Adrenal Cancer Awareness Ribbons Store
Green Ribbon Colors (Not Cause Specific)
Zazzle Green Awareness Ribbon Store
CafePress Green Awareness Ribbon Store
Green Awareness Ribbon on Pinterest at:
Here are some samples of green adrenal cancer awareness ribbon gifts.
Green Awareness Ribbon Color Pinterest Board: